Introduction to the Policy Change Process
This one-day, knowledge-based introductory session teaches the foundational concepts of effective policy change and provides a vocabulary and structure to understand its purpose.
Aligned with the core functions and 10 essential services of public health, the curriculum is divided into five courses covering 21 competencies and is offered in workshops across the country. These five, two-day workshops teach the validated policy competencies that public health practitioners need to effectively implement policy change.
1. Assessing and Framing the Problem
2. Analyzing Potential Solutions
3. Influencing the Systems Change Process
4. Implementing Enacted Policies
5. Evaluating Systems Change Interventions